Change Answering Rules for a User
If you would like to change the way your phone rings (or forward your calls to your cell phone), sign into your portal at https://manage.swtpvoip.com
- Click on Answering Rules button (Note: if you are an admin or office manager, click on your name in the top right corner then click “my account”
- Click on the pencil button to the right of the Default Time Frame.
- You can choose from the following options:
- Do Not Disturb – disables the ringer on your phone and sends calls to voicemail
- Call screening
- Call Forwarding:
- always – forwards a call to a phone number or extension. You may combine this with “When busy”.
- When Unanswered – Defaults to your voicemail, but you can set this to forward to another number. Note: if you are forwarding to your cell phone, if you put a 1 in front of your number (eg. 15015556666), calls forwarded to your cell will show the caller’s number on Caller ID. If you leave the 1 off (eg 5015556666), the number will appear as if it is coming from your office.
- When offline – not used for individual phones unless there is only 1 phone in the office.
- Simultaneous ring
- Include user’s extension (ring your desk phone)
- Ring all user’s phones (ring all your phones including desk phone and softphone)
- Answer confirmation for offnet numbers – requires you to press 1 to answer a call on your cell phone
- The text box is where you can add multiple extensions or numbers and the timer allows you to set a delay before each one starts ringing
- Just ring user’s extension – rings only your desk phone
- Click Save