Hoteling (also called office hoteling or hot desking) is the practice of providing office space to employees on an as-needed rather than on the traditional, constantly reserved basis. This reduces the amount of physical space that an enterprise needs, lowering overhead cost while (ideally) ensuring that every worker can access office resources when necessary. An essential part of the hoteling process is the ability for the worker’s PBX extension to “follow” the worker to any physical office or desk that he may use temporarily.
Note: only use for Users that have one device under phone tab!
Activate Hot Desking
- Dial 5002 from any registered phone
- When prompted for an account number enter your Extension Number
- When prompted for a password enter your Voicemail PIN
- If the Account Number and Password are entered correctly, the system will announce “The Device Owner is …” followed by the name of the PBX User that owned the extension entered in Step 2.
- Dial 2 to change ownership of this device.
Deactivate Hot Desking
- Dial *73 from the Device being used to Hot Desk. This will remove forward rule that was set when activating.
- Dial *46 to relinquish ownership back to original device. When prompted for a password enter your Voicemail PIN
Hot Desking will now be de-activated.